[Wps-discuss] WPS Benchmarking session at FOSS4G 2014 in PDX

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 00:25:14 PDT 2014

Hello Gerald, all

As the shootout gathered teams but also quiet a few FOSS4G attendees in
2011 and 2013, i think it is a very good idea to organize it from now,
submit a WPS community abstract and get a dedicated time slot at FOSS4G PDX
(so Gerald can give the Sherif Star to someone else too !). It may be more
work if we tackle it using a slightly different approach this year but yet
possible if we start early.

I like Gerald's idea of setting up a open infrastructure for the project
teams, and i agree with Jachym that it should host OSGeoLive or a ready to
use environment that every team knows.
Once every teams will be onboard (perhaps starting from here
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WPS_benchmark_2014#Projects_and_people ?), i
agree we should work on scenarios, may be installations and services tuning
too, and finally on simple solutions to render and compare the test results
as well.

I would be glad to help for the shootout organization, first by hacking the
wiki and then working on visualization of tests results.

What do other projects/people think ?
Get your hats and colts gentlemen :)

Best regards,

Nicolas