[Wps-discuss] Proposal to skip 2015 WPS benchmark

Venkatesh Raghavan venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:12:04 PDT 2015

On 2015/04/23 21:00, Benjamin Proß wrote:
> Dear Gérald,
>
> Thanks for your comment. You have a point, it was probably not the best
> point in time to propose to cancel this years benchmark. But I don't
> think it is too late for anything. I will gladly submit an abstract to
> this years FOSS4G about the ongoing benchmarking efforts. We could at
> least present some intermediate results. But I'd have to ask one of you
> guys to present. Any volunteers?

Several interesting applications using WPS-1.0 standard have come out in
since FOSS4G-2014. Also WOP-2.0.0 Interface Standard [1] has become
available in 2015 but very little discussion on this forum regarding
this.

I would propose in going ahead with the WPS shoot-out with teams that
plan to be present at FOSS4G-2015. In the absence of the appointed
Sheriff, Ex-Sheriff, Gerald could take up task of organizing and
presenting the results not only to keep the momentum going but
attracting new developers from Asia.

Best

Venka

,