[ZOO-Discuss] New member to ML

Chemin, Yann ychemin at csu.edu.au
Sat Dec 12 03:39:05 PST 2009

Good Day all,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn about your developments in WPS.

Phisan and Raghavan have known me since AIT times, on some projects and open source related talks we were involved in.
I have been working in water management and Remote Sensing for 13 years now, in South and East Asia mostly, but also in Central Asia.
Did my PhD in data assimilation of agro-hydrological model and RS data in AIT (2002-2006). Worked in water pricing project in Greece, where I developed a stand alone software for MODIS and Landsat processing of evapotranspiration.

Have been transferring all of my RS algorithms to GRASS GIS, some will appear in version 7, all are in Addons since 2005 onwards. Also been transferring to R as complement to the raster package (http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/remotesensing/). Also wrote a small book on initial GDAL raster programming, with a bent on HPC raster programming.

Currently, along with some HPC research for remote sensing for agriculture, I am involved with one of the projects in ICWater dealing with delivering Decision-Support to Irrigated area farmers in an irrigation close to our University. Multi-source realtime sensor networks involved, and I am contributing an enhanced RS algorithm fed on sensors. We hope that our research may contribute to the larger goal Zoo is targetting.

Thank you to all, and looking forward to participate to the ML discussions.

Dr. Yann Chemin
Senior Spatial Hydrologist
www.icwater.org

Charles Sturt University