[ZOO-Discuss] About ZOO-Project

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Nov 12 12:52:50 PST 2009

Dear Ninsawat-san and ZOO Tribe Members,
sorry for the delay.

As sometime a simple example could tell more than long discussions. I
give here a sample of using Chaining in ZOO Kernel (and in WPS in
general). Since you can use a reference, you are able to use the
result of another process.

For instance, you could run SymDifference process using a GML entity
as input 1 and for the second : the result fetch by a Buffer process
for the same entity. As presented in this example :

<wps:Execute service="WPS" version="1.0.0" xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
" xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink
" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
../wpsExecute_request.xsd">
    <ows:Identifier>SymDifference</ows:Identifier>
    <wps:DataInputs>
     <wps:Input>
      <ows:Identifier>InputEntity1</ows:Identifier>
      <wps:Reference xlink:href="http://carto.languedoc-roussillon.ecologie.gouv.fr/webservices/wfs/diren_general/?VERSION=1.1.0&service=WFS&request=GetFeature&typename=Znieff1&maxfeatures=1
"/>
    </wps:Input>
    <wps:Input>
     <ows:Identifier>InputEntity2</ows:Identifier>
     <wps:Reference mimeType="application/json" xlink:href="http://shilpa.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/zoo/?request=Execute&service=WPS&version=1.0.0&Identifier=Buffer&DataInputs=BufferDistance=100@datatype=interger@uom=meter;InputPolygon=Reference@xlink:href=http%3A%2F%2Fcarto.languedoc-roussillon.ecologie.gouv.fr%2Fwebservices%2Fwfs%2Fdiren_general%2F%3FVERSION%3D1.1.0%26service%3DWFS%26request%3DGetFeature%26typename%3DZnieff1%26maxfeatures%3D1&RawDataOutput=BufferedPolygon
"/>
    </wps:Input>
   </wps:DataInputs>
   <wps:ResponseForm>
   <wps:ResponseDocument>
    <wps:Output>
     <ows:Identifier>Result</ows:Identifier>
    </wps:Output>
   </wps:ResponseDocument>
  </wps:ResponseForm>
</wps:Execute>

  Please note that this is not a so interesting example. This sample
request is just here to materialize how we can already Chain processes
just using the WPS through ZOO Kernel.

You can use this kind of request to feed the textarea of this web
page : http://shilpa.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/demo/
test_services_post1.html , then press the "run using XML Request"
button to run the process.

Note there is still some limitation, which should disappear soon when
we fully support the method, Header, Body and BodyReference for
InputReference as requested.

Hope to hear from you soon,
best regards

gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr