[ZOO-Discuss] [Zoo-discuss] ZooProject geographic library

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sun Nov 15 01:25:59 PST 2009

Hi ZOO Tribe Members,
Guillaume Sueur asked us in private Skype discussion to implement a
ZOO ServiceProvider CGAL based to give him the possibility to produce
the Voronoi Triangulation from a datasource. He made his data
available using the WFS standard and we've develop a small ZOO
ServiceProvider CGAL Based to calculate the Voronoi Triangulation on
his data.

Unfortunately, the WFS datasource which should be used by the ZOO
Kernel wasn't well encoded, so we can't use the full dataset
provided.  Guillaume, can you please make it cleaner ? Nevertheless,
the ServiceProvider is now available on the demo1 server using the
following url :

  * GML output :
http://demo1.zoo-project.org/zoo/?request=Execute&service=WPS&version=1.0.0&Identifier=Voronoi&DataInputs=InputPoints=Reference@xlink:href=http%3A%2F%2F94.23.35.205%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmapserv%3Fmap%3D%2Fhome%2Fneogeo%2Fcagt%2Fowsadmin%2Fmap%2Fmain.map%26SERVICE%3DWFS%26VERSION%3D1.0.0%26REQUEST%3DGetFeature%26TYPENAME%3Dbus%26maxfeatures%3D90&RawDataOutput=Result@mimeType=text/xml
  * GeoJSON output :
http://demo1.zoo-project.org/zoo/?request=Execute&service=WPS&version=1.0.0&Identifier=Voronoi&DataInputs=InputPoints=Reference@xlink:href=http%3A%2F%2F94.23.35.205%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmapserv%3Fmap%3D%2Fhome%2Fneogeo%2Fcagt%2Fowsadmin%2Fmap%2Fmain.map%26SERVICE%3DWFS%26VERSION%3D1.0.0%26REQUEST%3DGetFeature%26TYPENAME%3Dbus%26maxfeatures%3D90&RawDataOutput=Result

So as you can see reading those urls, the default output is a GeoJSON
string.

Let me now give some response to the mails which I answered :)

To the question "Why not CGAL ?" I answer Why not :) Indeed ZOO Kernel
is able to dynamically load all kind of ZOO ServiceProviders (shared
object : Shared library for C ServiceProvider, Python Module for
Python one and PHP Scripts for PHP SP).

René-Luc you're right, the ZOO idea is well to build it's own
processes with the chosen libraries.

We have to investigate to support GGL but I'm sure that it could be
available pretty soon.

If other members can share their thoughts about what ZOO
ServiceProvider have to be implemented, please let us know and you
should get your ZOO ServiceProvider in less than a day ... We are
waiting for you :) !

Kind regards,