[ZOO-Discuss] About ZOO-Project

Markus Neteler markus.neteler at iasma.it
Mon Nov 16 01:51:53 PST 2009

Hi Venka, all,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 05:18, Venkatesh Raghavan
<raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>> I came across this:
>> WPS of http://www.intamap.org/
>
> This looks intresting and pretty close to some
> of the ZOO-project objectives.
>>
>> Could this be of relevance for the project? It looks very
>> interesting to me (and Edzer Pebesma is the contact).
>
> Would be nice to discuss with these folks. I guess they are
> the Java tribe. Cursory look at the website has me wondering
> what is the difference between intamap and 52North.

I'll meet with Edzer on December, 17 (giving a talk at his institute).
If you like I can discuss with him. Perhaps some email exchange
with Edzer Pebesma [1] would help to anticipate the existence of ZOO
and so forth.

Best
Markus

[1] http://www.geog.uu.nl/~pebesma/