[ZOO-Discuss] About Intamap and ZOO-Project

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Nov 23 01:11:43 PST 2009

Dear Venkatesh,

thanks a lot for informing us about your zoo-project; I forwarded it to
the intamap mailing list, and that of the SWE and processing communities
of 52N (internal list).

It looks like your solution completely builds on the c stack of tools,
whereas most what we do here (52North) builds on java web services.
Extending the OWS to offer R functionality beyond spatial interpolation
is also on my (OSGEO) research agenda; I would be happy to get in touch
with your colleague about this. Which WPS implementation do you use?

About a year ago we had a MSc student who wrote his master thesis about
offering grass functionality through a wps. This seems to overlap
somehow with your work. Is there interest from your side to get in touch
with him?

With best regards,
--
Edzer