[Zoo-discuss] Made WFS-T with WPS

rldhont rldhont at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 01:54:34 PDT 2009

Hi all,

It's just an Idea. I don't want to propose the same API as WFS-T with
WPS, but to made the same thing as WFS-T with WPS.

In Open-Source software only one implements WFS-T : GeoServer. I
understand that MapServer does not implement it, but MapServer + Zoo
could be a good alternative, isn't it ?

With WPS, it's possible to add Data in Datasource, isn't it ?
With WPS, it's possible to update Data in Datasource, isn't it ?
With WPS, it's possible to delete Data in Datasource, isn't it ?
With WPS, it's possible to describe feature in other format than GML,
isn't it ?
The combinaison WFS + WPS is more flexible, more managable, and more
sustainable than WFS-T, isn't it ?

René-Luc D'Hont
3Liz