[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO-Workflow modeling wit Kepler?

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Apr 30 22:24:45 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Came across this interesting article about implementing executable
workflow using GRASS and Kepler (https://kepler-project.org/).

"Automatic Transformation from Geospatial Conceptual Workflow to
Executable Workflow Using GRASS GIS Command Line Modules in Kepler"
Jianting Zhang, Deana D. Pennington and William K. Michener
http://www.springerlink.com/content/h343001720152504/

I share the info here since I recall discussing with Gerald
and Nick about visual workflow modeler for ZOO during
FOSS4G2008 (Cape Town).

Kepler seems very interesting (I just learnt about Kepler, maybe
others on this list already know) as it already seems to be well
integrated with R statistical package. Parallel processing,
WSDL-defined Web Service etc. , impressive!!
(https://kepler-project.org/users/features).

Building ZOO-Service workflow using Kepler could be interesting
for the future.

Best

Venka