[ZOO-Discuss] Premature end of script headers: zoo_loader.cgi on Windows

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Jul 10 02:49:03 PDT 2010

Yingqi,
thanks to answer.

It is a strange behavior that you get here. Indeed you should get the ExceptionReport on win32 platform when running zoo_loader from the c:\OSGeo4W\bin directory. Here you get only the header of the HTTP Response, can you cofirm that the libxml2.dll is present in the same directory than your ZOO Kernel ?

Did you try using the free Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 tools as dumpbin to get more informations on dependencies ? If yes, can you please give us the result here ?

The zoo_loader.cgi should run out of the box using the runtime provided on the ZOO4W web page. Nevertheless, as the next ZOO Kernel will be able to run directly from the command line, I recompile a new WIN32 version that you can be downloaded from here : http://zoo-project.org/dl/zoo_loader_cmd.cgi . Using this version, you should be able to run ZOO Kernel from the command line, for instance :

cd c:\OSGeo4W\bin
.\zoo_loader_cmd.cgi "serviceprovider=&metapath=&request=GetCapabilities&service=wps"

Here you should get the Capabilities XML Document displayed in your terminal (and the header at the begining as you get before).

Please note that currently on win32 platform you still need to use the serviceprovider and metapath parameters in your request. This will be removed soon, as in the ongoing new ZOO Kernel version (unfortunately not currently on the svn but we work hard on it to make it available next week).

Hope it helps,
regards,

ps: Yingqi, forgive for cross posting but I answered on zoo-discuss to.

Le 10 juil. 2010 à 07:28, Yingqi Tang a écrit :

> Gérald,
>
> All necessary dll are in place (under osgeo4w/bin) and executing .\zoo_loader.cgi gives me following output
>
> ContentType: text/xml; chartset=utf-8
>
> Then the program stopped with a windows application crash dialog box. So is that normal?
>
> Is it possible to test GetCapabilities, DescribeProcess or so locally instead of going through webserver?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Yingqi Tang <anakintang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, i will give it a try.
>

> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Gérald Fenoy <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr> wrote:
> Yingqi,
> you can also test the ZOO Kernel from command line using the following commands :
>
> cd c:\OSGeo4W\bin
> .\zoo_loader.cgi
>
> You should get an ExceptionReport returned here else an error window displayed telling you what is the missing dll.
>
> If you get the microsoft visual 9.0 you can also use its dumpbin tool (dumpbin /dependents zoo_loader.cgi) after setting your environment variables using the vcvars32.bat .
>
> Hope it helps,
> regards,
>
> Le 10 juil. 2010 à 01:12, Gérald Fenoy a écrit :
>
>> Hi Yingqi,
>> using ZOO Kernel on win32 require the following dll :
>>
>>  libfcgi.dll
>>  libcurl.dll
>>  python25.dll
>>  libxml2.dll
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>> regards,
>>
>> Le 10 juil. 2010 à 00:03, Yingqi Tang a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am newbie to ZooWPS and I'm trying setup ZooWPS on my Windows 7 box through ZOO4W. I read the doc and followed the steps below:
>>>
>>> 1. Install OSGeo4W (I had that already for GDAL, QGIS, Apache etc.) and load necessary library;
>>> 2. I also installed the Apache through OSGeo4W too, which is running fine (other cgi based app like MapServer is running fine through OSGeo4W's bin folder)
>>> 3. Copy those ZooWPS related files under OSGeo4W bin folder;
>>> 4. Start the Apache server and type http://host/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi?Service=WPS&Request=GetCapabilities&Version=1.0.0 in browser;
>>>
>>> What I'm getting is an error message saying there is an internal server error, and apache server log says "Premature end of script headers: zoo_loader.cgi". I don't know what I did wrong and what else I can try to make it work.
>>>
>>> Can any one help me on this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Yingqi _______________________________________________
>>> Zoo-discuss mailing list