[ZOO-Discuss] Problem with XML execute request

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 06:59:48 PDT 2011

Hello,

2011/5/4 Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>:
> 2011/5/4 Gérald Fenoy <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr>:
>> Luca,
>> using the zcfg file you provided it still works on my side as you can test
>> using the following url :
>> http://www.zoo-project.org/cgi-grass/zoo_loader_20110504.cgi
>> Looking into your GGS file, something sounds odd to me, you set :
>> GRASS_ADDON_PATH="/root/compilati/grass-addons"
>
> yes I know, but I don't understand well what is the use of
> GRASS_ADDON_PATH, Soeren is it the place of compiled grass addons or
> the path to the svn repository? I see also
> "gms/Testing/Python/GrassAddons/" can I use it in GRASS_ADDON_PATH?

The addon path can be used to store additional modules (self created,
...). For example the r.math wrapper around r.mapcalc which is not WPS
compliant. So the GRASS_ADDON_PATH should point to a directory with
executable scripts (python, shell) or compiled programs. This path is
only used at run time to search for grass modules. Setting this
variable wrong should not affect the GrassModuleStarter as long as all
requested grass modules are in the default grass gis bin or script
path.

Cheers
Soeren