[Zoo-discuss] R Language in Zoo

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Sep 15 06:09:33 PDT 2012

Dear Frans,
there is no issue in using R from ZOO-Project.

If you are planning to use a Python service then it should be as easy as importing the R package from your Python service.

Note that if your R service require to access X Server, then please consider to add an [env] section into your main.cfg file to make sure you can access the Display you want to access. You can setup the X Server this way:

from a terminal, run :  Xvfb :11&

then in your main.cfg add the following:

[env]
DISPLAY=:11

And you should be ready to go.

I used R package from Python service in the past, if required we can search for this code to share with you. Maybe it may be more useful that you share the code yo aunt to run as a service to let us implement the service in return.

Hope this helps,

gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr