[Zoo-discuss] Strange Apache behavior while handling statusSupported services

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Aug 30 06:27:32 PDT 2013

Hello Alexander,
nice to hear that you are using ZOO-Projet on windows platform.

I already had similar issue a long time ago, but it should be solved in the past already. Note that I have to concede that I do not use Apache on windows for more than a year now and use Microsoft IIS 7.5 on windows server (mainly because it is installed per default on many Microsoft servers). So the ZOO-Kernel code was adapted for windows platform to be used with IIS server. So first I would like to ask you if you can try to use IIS in replacement of Apache server to check if the behavior is the same or not ? If you really need to use Apache server on windows then I would like to invite you to try closing standard I/O (trying with stdin first) and check again. Once you found the correction then you can share with us then we can add a specific compilation flag specifying if the target Server is IIS or Apache to use the fix or use current code which should work correctly on IIS.

I noticed that you spoke about a 1.2.0 version of ZOO-Project, so I would like to invite you to use the latest 1.3.0 version at least as this issue should probably be solved in the new version. As you modified the code to add debuting

Note that the ZOO-Kernel should now be able of handling reporting status from ongoing service on each supported platforms (so MacOS X, GNU/Linux and Winows).

I hope to hear back from you,

ps: I was not there yesterday, so I cannot catch you on IRC, but it was a good communication channel to get direct contact with us.