[Zoo-discuss] Problems with Status in Windows

Александр Шумилов shumsan1011 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:07:10 PST 2013

Hello.
   First I would like to thank all developers of Zoo-project for a really
great job!
   Recently I've encountered a liitle problem with "status" feature - I
have MSVC 2008 build ZooKernel, and when I am executing request for a
"long" process
(zoo_loader.cgi?request=Execute&service=WPS&identifier=longProcess&status=true&storeExecuteResponse=true&version=1&DataInputs=sid=100&DataOutputs=executeResponseLocation)
browser freezes waiting for reply. When I abort the coonection, Zoo replies
me with normal response, saying that "Service "longProcess" was accepted by
the ZOO Kernel etc.". But the problem is that the XML in statusLocation is
for PID which wraps the forked process, not the actual child process whose
status i actually need. Also, two XML files are created - for example,
longprocess.dll_4216.xml (Daddy's PID) and longprocess.dll_6660.xml (Son's
PID), but none of them is actually updated during the LongProcess serice
execution

#######
Cleaned up log:
cgiSid: (null)
cgiSid: 4216
father pid continue (origin 4216) 4216 ...

outputResponse 4216

printProcessResponse 4216

printProcessResponse 1 161
printProcessResponse 1 190
printProcessResponse 1 202
printProcessResponse stored_path:
C:\\apache\\htdocs\\geos\\temp\\/longprocess.dll_4216.xml

cgiSid: 4216
cpid: 4216
son pid continue (origin 4216) 6660 (<-- I need status of this PID!)...

printProcessResponse 4216

printProcessResponse 1 161
printProcessResponse 1 190
printProcessResponse 1 202
printProcessResponse stored_path:
C:\\apache\\htdocs\\geos\\temp\\/longprocess.dll_4216.xml
########

So I need only to get the valid statusLocation value, because GetStatus
service (from utils/status) is working (thanks to FileMapping), but it
needs the valid PID.

Respectfully,
Shumilov Alexander

Тел: 89086606450, 89501017750