[Zoo-discuss] fastcgi + python + numpy?

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue Jul 9 02:03:17 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,
unfortunately I have to concede that there was no more work made on the fastcgi side of the ZOO-Kernel so we usually avoid using fastcgi version and prefer the cgi one.

Note that the fastcgi support should work correctly for both GetCapabilities and DescribeProcess but some trouble should occur when trying to run Execute request.

Note that the Execute request should not work properly mainly because of the way fastcgi is redirecting standard input, output and error. We have to use specific headers to get the redirection working and in some places we are still using the standard headers which do not use the redirection implying issue when using those code section.

We are really interested in getting the full fastcgi support working for ZOO-Project but it would imply some modifications in the source code to get it working properly.

Nevertheless, if it is important to you to get the fastcgi support working for all requests, then I would like to invite you to submit a ticket on the Trac system to get it treated.

Anyway, what is interesting in your testings is that you said that your request works the first time. When you said "without the import statement" of numpy the service will run fine, I guess you are still speaking about the cgi version or are you speaking about the fastcgi one ? If it is the fastcgi one then I would like to ask you to share your service to let me have a look at it. It may be caused by unneeded redirection of standard output/input and error in bumpy which should be avoided.

Waiting for your answer,