[Zoo-discuss] (no subject)

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Sep 26 00:15:22 PDT 2013

Hello,
well it is a vague question and I'm pretty sure that nobody want me to make a dissertation on what you can do using ZOO-Project as many already know that I think that we can do everything with ZOO-Project. Anyway, let say you can do everything by using ZOO-Project in a simple / standard / generic manner and then you are sure that you are able to port your software on every platforms (almost all, MacOS-X, GNU/Linux and Windows). You get the translation support which make you able to get a software speaking the same language as the targeted client. Ho, I forgot that you can also do some GIS with ZOO-Project too :) One key feature in such a case is the automatic publication, by using the MapServer support, of your result which make your application able to access many time the resources resulting of your computation.

For the setup, you can take a look at the amazing documentation made available here [1] thanks to the work made by Jeff McKenna. If you face any issue by using the documentation please feel free to let us know.

Hope to hear back from you,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/docs/kernel/installation.html