[Zoo-discuss] Compile libcgic error

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Mon Jul 28 01:41:06 PDT 2014

Hello Iamiaa,
it is nice to try building the ZOO-Project on windows. Nevertheless, it implies that you will need to create a full build kit including all the libraries required by the ZOO-Project. So first you will need is the fastcgi library to be built in your build kit. You will also need libxml2, libxslt, libjpeg, libpng and so on, the list is really long.

Hopfully the libcgic is not the harder to get built on windows, nevertheless, if you need it, I have a build kit on my side that I can share with you if you need it including all the libraries required to build the ZOO-Kernel and the ZOO-Services. I would like to mention that I have for some libraries built both the 64 and 32 bits but I cannot share both else it will take too much time. So I would like to propose to first share the 32 bits binaries / build kit with the community, I think it may be of some help.

I can share the binaries and the makefile.vc I slightly modified in my build kit by using the sourceforce.net infrastructure which is used also to share the MapMint iso image (which include the latest, almost, ZOO-Kernel and all the services).

Iamiaa, I would also like to mention that I personally did not use ZOO-Kernel on Window on Apache for more than 2 years, indeed we were asked to make the ZOO-Kernel running on IIS server which implied some modifications in the ZOO-Kernel behavior to handle requests correctly on this kind of server. So I hope that you plan also to use it through IIS web server  else we may have to check together if something wrong happen (note this should mainly happen when you call a service using status=true and storeExecuteResponse=true).

Anyway, I’m ready to upload this buildkit package per package and provide a quick documentation on how to build ZOO-Kernel (and also underlying libraries) on windows platform, I’m simply wait for your answer confirming this requirement to do so.

Waiting for your answer,
Best regards,