[Zoo-discuss] during compilation - fatal error: cgic.h: No such file or directory

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Tue Feb 3 09:55:08 PST 2015

 Hi Gerald et all,

It seems I went through the updated installation procedure but my MapMint
web page but it still has a hick-up when I try to access it. For
http://terra3.terragis.net/ui/public/ it says e.g. "The requested URL
/ui/public/ was not found on this server" when I try to navigate to the /ui
or the /ui/Dashboard directory. /ui is forwarded to
http://terra3.terragis.net/ui/public/ but it seems that some setting for
apache or the symbolic links are not yet correct.

I got all these 3 symb links set:
sudo ln -s $SRC/mapmint/mapmint-ui/ /var/www/html/ui
sudo ln -s $SRC/mapmint/public_map/ /var/www/html/pm
sudo ln -s $SRC/mapmint/mapmint-services/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm
And also the apache.conf web bloc as noted in the install notees
Also did : Edit the file /etc/apache2/conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf,
then replace +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch by +FollowSymLinks.

Is there any symb link missing or what will I need to look for to make it
work ?

Below are some additional notes on the installation notes:

In the installation instructions
https://github.com/mapmint/mapmint/blob/master/INSTALL.md it seem to me that
step (2)  needs to de done before (1) , sequence might need to be updated to
avoid user confusion

(2)
sudo ln -s $SRC/mapmint/mapmint-services/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm
(1)
sudo cp cgi-env/* /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm/

There seems to be a typo for the ghostscript
sudo apt-get install .... ghistscript
Should be "ghostscript"

Cheers
Karsten