[Zoo-discuss] OGC API - Processing tentative implementation

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Sep 6 03:49:40 PDT 2019

Dear all,
I would like to let you know that yesterday I have finally committed in r949 [1] the first tentative implementation of the ongoing « OGC API - Processing » (which I should probably name wps-rest-binding by now, or WPS 3 when it will be accepted) which was discussed during the OGC Hackathon in London late June this year.

After coming back from the Hackathon, I have published this very small report [2] presenting how to use the OGC API for processing with ZOO-Project.

From my testing it is working properly but with some limitations:
  * inputs are not validated yet, meaning that in case the request did not contain a value for an input, your service will still be invoked (note that this feature can be activated again by modifying the validation function),
  * no MapServer output support for OGC API - Processing cause I suppose that we should wait for OGC API - Features support in MapServer (I was thinking that outputting WMS, WFS and WCS from previous standard versions do not make sens as we use the new processing api), note that there should not be any issue in activating this support again.

The documentation has been updated to provide informations about the new oas.cfg file used for OpenAPI Specification [3] and the configuration options to activate this support [4].

I hope you will have great time testing this new WPS REST Binding.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/changeset/949
[2] http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/OGC_Hackathon_2019
[3] http://www.zoo-project.org/docs/kernel/configuration.html#openapi-specification-configuration-file