[ZOO-PSC] DOCS

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Feb 24 01:45:46 PST 2010

Dear Maxi,
I'm also glad to to see your interest in getting your own ZOO Kernel running on your platform.

I wrote a short howto documentation and put it on the Trac system early this morning [1]. I used the old ZooKernel wiki page [2] as a base, but I rewrite as we now support the GNU Autotools to simplify things. I've also added a short description on how to compile on a WIN32 platform (even if we still get some problem running it on this platform).

Nevertheless, as you said that an already running ZOO Kernel can be enough for you to start, you can use the installation made on the shilpa server hosted by Osaka City University. I can create you an SSH account to let you access to this server. The best way to go would be you give a SSH public key I authorize on your account on shilpa and then you can set your own password and start testing your implementation. If you want to go this way, please let me know.

Furthermore as you said that you already get the Python source code working on PyWPS I think we can help you a lot integrating your work as a ZOO Kernel ServiceProvider if you can provide the source code and some short explanantions of it purpose. We did similar work before for another source code coming from a post on the Laurent Jégou (France) blog [3], our answer and code translation can be found on postgis.fr webs site [4].

This was our first test using R from a ZOO ServiceProvider in Python.

I think also that simple hello world in various languages, which can be found here [5], can be helpful in the ZOO Kernel learning process.

I hope you'll get all the informations you need to test compilation on your platform,
hope to hear from you soon,
best regards,

[1] http://trac.zoo-project.org/wiki/ZooKernel/Installation
[2] http://trac.zoo-project.org/wiki/ZooKernel/Installation
[3] http://www.geotests.net/blog/article/mise-en-place-d-un-webservice-de-discretisation-en-utilisant-pywps-et-r
[4] http://www.postgis.fr/node/500
[5] http://trac.zoo-project.org/browser/trunk/zoo-services

Le 23 févr. 2010 à 17:18, nicolas bozon a écrit :

> Dear Maxi,
>
> Glad to know that you're interested in installing ZOO Kernel and testing services creation.
>
> Regarding the ZOO kernel installation, the best people to help you are Gerald and David
> You can easily join them on the freenode ZOO irc channel: #zoo-project
>
> You can also use the public ZOO-Discuss mailing list for technical questions:
> zoo-discuss at gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
>
> About the WPS service creation, a few supported languages are now available (C, Python, Java, PHP and Javascript !), so depending on your existing services, it can go easy and fast. Some more information can also be asked on the irc
>
> Generally speaking about ZOO documentation, we are actually working on updating the website content and creating documentation
> This would normally be available very soon, before we release.
>
> Best,
>
> Nick
>

> 2010/2/23 Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch>
> Dear friends,
> I would be glad to start testing zoo wps, and try to replicate some of
> the current processes used at my institute with pyWPS.
> As a zoo beginner, I would like to have some basic infos on
> installation....
> maybe also a virtual server ready for testing and developing  would be a
> good idea...
>
> Massimiliano
>
> --
>
> Dr. Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
> Responsabile Area Geomatica
> Istituto Scienze della Terra
> Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
> Via Trevano, c.p. 72
> CH-6952 Canobbio-Lugano
> Tel: +41 (0)58 666 62 14
> Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09