[ZOO-PSC] About Subscribed Users privileges settings on ZOO Project web site

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue May 4 05:44:09 PDT 2010

Hi PSC members,
despite the last Markus'mail I send this mail as I've planned to do some times ago. I clearly understand the Markus point of view and the way to manage user privileges.

During the last meeting I talked a bit about some questions I get in setting subscribed users privileges on the official ZOO Project web site Wiki.

Indeed, currently some wiki specifics sections are only writable by PSC members as for instance the ZooWebSite/* wiki as those pages are available from the main web site, but this section is visible to anybody.

Some other specifics sections are only viewable and editable by PSC members such as ZooWorkshop2010/* and ZooFOSS4G2010/* to make us able discussing privately about some things in this specific field.

All other sections are freely writable by a subscribed users including ZooDocumentation/* section.

Now, my questions comes, do we have to define a process of acceptance for some specifics sections of the Wiki or let users freely edit all the content ? Don't we have to set Write privilege only to the PSC members to write in the PSC section ? Don't we have to define each sections only writable by PSC and viewable by anybody ?

I ask those question during the last PSC meeting and we think that we have to ask Jeff as he get big experience in such OpenSource projects management.

Markus are you against any private section on the wiki, to make some pages available only at a specific date, such as the Workshop for instance which can be available the day before it will take place ?

Hope to hear from you soon,
best regards,

Gérald Fenoy
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr