[ZOO-PSC] ZOO PSC meeting logs + next meeting schedule

Markus Neteler markus.neteler at iasma.it
Mon Nov 1 03:22:53 PDT 2010

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 03:48, Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
> This makes me remember a service, which I forgot the name but just read
> about again last weekend.
> It's called Flattr (http://flattr.com) and is some sort of small donations
> that visitor can leave for a project like ZOO for example.

Ah yes, now I remember. Wikipedia-DE has some interesting reading about this:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flattr
(better than the EN article).

One important point is that it looks like monthly subscription
support, not single
donations. So

- perhaps use PayPal for single donations in the range as Venka suggested in his
  latest email
- use flattr for continuous micro-supporters.

Cheers
Markus