[ZOO-PSC] Motion for going to Montreal Code Sprint

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Mon Jan 31 06:03:38 PST 2011

Hi Daniel,
please it is pleasure to count you in the PSC and a big asset for us as you help us a lot sharing your knowledge with us.

I never took you wrong and will never take you wrong. IMHO any idea have to be shared to make us evolve.

About sharing your idea we spoken together during the FOSS4G in Barcelona about the Google Summer code. But if I remeber well what you explained to me we are already late ? If yes ot not please inform me. If we arre not late maybe you can help us to write up a proposal for ZOO-Project ?

Thank you for opening my eyes about Bolesna CS indeed I as wrong here. In your first mail you seem to say that it is more interesting for the ZOO-Project to go to the Bolesna CS, wan you explain me why ?

Many thanks for working with us Daniel,
Hope to hear from you,
Best,

Le 31 janv. 2011 à 14:43, Daniel Kastl a écrit :

> I think I get your point Daniel. I'm not sure that some other WPS participation will
> occur or that we can bring more developer to the team just by going to the code
> sprint.
>
> For me it was more because it is an OSGeo Code Sprint that I wanted to go there.
> I think that ZOO-Project have to be as much as it can involved in OSGeo as we are
> mainly speaking about OSGeo in each conference / workshop we do.
>
> Maybe it is even time to think about OSGeo incubation process, what do you think ?
> Personally I think it is time to start this.
>

> This is a good point, Gerald. Hope you didn't take me wrong. I just wanted to have described some goals.
> Germans are always a bit more critical ... you should have thought about this before inviting me to join the PSC ;-)
>
> So also from my side +1 as well
>

>> Another good idea!! Would not be a bad idea to participate in Bolsena too.
>> But I think this is more of a Geonework code sprint. The time is ripe to
>> have some code-sprint in Osaka or Asia.
>

> Can be really great indeed to get an Asian Code Sprint happening :) For the Bolsena
> Code Sprint I understood as Venka it was more GeoNetwork oriented, correct me if I'm
> wrong here.
>

> Same as Jeff I never thought the Bolsena event would be a Geonetwork event. I almost went there last year, because I was in Italy around that time ... it was just one week too late in the end.
> So if you get many ZOO monkeys there, you will make it a ZOO sprint.
>
> Daniel
>

> --
> Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
> eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de