[ZOO-PSC] Presentation Slides

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Feb 28 05:26:30 PST 2013

Thank you Nick for providing me the ZOO-Project slides. I did push ZOO
to the Danish Geodata Agency (massive power users of MapServer,
relatively new on the block, 2 years ago they were ESRI shop, now they
publish 6 million maps a day through MapServer/WMS).

Also: during an 'OSGeo meetup' night in Copenhagen, I was shown a flood
mapping app, running on MapServer and ZOO, on someone's mobile device!
Yes, ZOO in Copenhagen!  (I asked if GRASS was being used in the backend
for the flood analysis but they implemented their own algorithm).

The company that developed the app is a new 6 person company, very smart
bunch, I talked with each one of them: http://www.septima.dk/

You might want to follow this guy, Greg, who works with them, I liked
his passion and he is the one who demo'd the ZOO/MapServer app to me:
https://twitter.com/GregersP

-jeff