[ZOO-PSC] [Zoo-discuss] ZOO-Project Commiter Guildlines

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu May 29 05:12:47 PDT 2014

Dear Sam,
when I tried running the XML request you provided, prior to any checking of the Python source code, I noticed that I had different answer from the ZOO-Kernel.

By using the following command line:

curl -H "Content-type: text/xml" -d@/Users/djay/Desktop/request.xml http://localhost/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi

I obtainted:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1 http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd" xml:lang="en-US" version="1.1.0">
  <ows:Exception exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue" locator="request">
    <ows:ExceptionText>Unenderstood <request> value. Please check that it was set to GetCapabilities, DescribeProcess or Execute.</ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Looking into the error_log from my local Apache server, I got warning message specifying that the request was malformed. Like the following:

Entity: line 1: parser error : attributes construct error
xFeatures="50">  <wfs:Query typeName="welshbio:testPoints\xe2\x80\x9d    xmlns:welshbio=«
                                                                               ^
If you try to xmllint on your request you will get error messages too. You can use the command below:

xmllint --noout --schema http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsExecute_request.xsd ~/Desktop/request.xml

In fact it seems your have strange characters in your request.xml file such as *”* in place of * »* which make your XML file invalid.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,