[ZOO-PSC] Releasing 1.5.0-rc1

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Jul 3 11:50:50 PDT 2015

Dear PSC,
thanks a lot for your prompt votes.

I just sent an email [1] to the ZOO-Discuss mailing list mentioning the new release candidate 1.

I hope this release will be successful.

Jeff, I do apologize for crossposting last time. Please, do not excuse to be old-school :)

Best regards,

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/2015-July/001293.html

> Le 3 juil. 2015 à 15:36, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> a écrit :
>
> +1
>
> Awesome additions!!!
>

> PS. cross-posting is a sure way to screw up my email client, and I never get the message.  I notice that this has become more common lately.  I think I'm, I know I'm, very old-school :)
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2015-07-02 3:31 PM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:
>> Dear ZOO-PSC,
>> I propose to the PSC to vote to release a 1.5.0-rc1 version of the ZOO-Project, with me as release manager.
>>
>> The new release includes the following changes and bug fixes :
>>
>>   * Complete rewrite of the documentation to use modern style
>>   * Fix asynchronous POST request on WIN32 platforms
>>   * Add utils/registry service
>>   * Initial support for WPS 2.0.0 including the Dismiss extension
>>   * Fix concurrency access to status informations
>>   * Use simple file rather than shared memory for storing status informations
>>   * Add support for db backend to store status informations
>>   * Add the lib_zoo_service shared library to be linked against C services
>>   * Add ZOO-API for the PHP language (with documentation)
>>   * Add doxygen comments in source code
>>   * Add support for multiple Exception nodes
>>   * Add a length key when creating MapArray
>>   * Add OTB support for applications as a service
>>   * Add the otb2zcfg utility to produce zcfg for otb applications
>>   * Add OTB Application Observer to have progress status updates
>>   * Fix maxOccurs handling
>>   * Fix gesture of downloaded inputs when multiple values are given
>>   * Add detection of generated_file key in outputs to read the file
>>   generated by a service
>>   * Add a minimal parsing API
>>   * Run validateRequest (download, default settings and decoding)
>>   after fork if any
>>   * Add SAGA-GIS support for modules as a service
>>   * Add saga2zcfg utility to generate zcfg for SAGA-GIS modules
>>   * Add SAGA-GIS Observer to have ongoing status updates
>>
>> I will wait for the PSC members to vote to activate the release procedure [1].
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

>> [1] http://www.zoo-project.org/docnew/docs/_build/html/contribute/release.html

Gérald Fenoy
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr