[ZOO-PSC] New Web Site review

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Nov 2 14:20:47 PST 2015

Hi Gerlad,

See some comments inline:

On 02/11/15 23:13, Fenoy Gerald wrote:
> Dear ZOO-Project PSC, I am here to ask you for some reviewing work
> on the new web site of the ZOO-Project.
>
> The announcement was made in august last year of this availability
> but then we never come back to you to ask for reviewing the web
> site content and check if everything is correctly in place. You
> will also notice that the demonstration pages are now using the
> ZOO-Client which is a real asset for WPS Client application
> developper as it lower the number of line of code for requesting
> the WPS server.

Well, this explains why "Next events" in the footer are FOSS4G Seoul
and Como ;-)

Already talking about the footer, not sure why all logos are
"uncoloured" except the Publica Mundi one. And maybe drop the
"SCAPABLE, ..." part and add some text like for OSGeo and OGC, so it
can be detected by search engines.

I would just leave the year away from Copyright. Then you won't have
to update it every 12 months.

Not sure why there is a Github logo with link on every header since
the main repository is self-hosted SVN.

There is some "line background" on the Downloads page (bottom):
http://www.zoo-project.org/new/Code/Download .. not sure it should be
there.

> I have also in mind to include a specific mapmint page in the
> ZOO-Project web page as the MapMint project is no more than an
> application which is taking advantages of the ZOO-Project so I
> think it makes sens to add it.

Since it's a server-side technology and mostly hidden to end-users,
what about some more "general" page listing "reference
implementations" and software as well as projects using ZOO-Project?
You might group them in categories and give Mapmint a more prominent
position, but it looks better IMO, if there is not only one
application reference.

> I would also appreciate if any of you would like to add his company
> as a commercial support for the ZOO-Project, the same question
> should also
be asked on
> the discuss mailing list, but let’s go step by step and start by
reviewing the web
> site as it is right now then we will discuss about the MapMint
> page
when it will
> be in place. But still, the commercial support from companies
> looks
important at
> this step.

If you're asking for a "redirect inquiries to Geolabs" placeholder to
fill the page, feel free to add Georepublic ;-)

Regards,
Daniel

- --
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan