[OSGeo Africa] Native reserves/locations as originally proclaimed in the Native Land Act of 1913 and later

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Mon Apr 8 05:43:58 PDT 2013

    Peter ,

    Perhaps the newer legislation ( maps , boundaries etc ) superceded the
    older stuff ?
    I am no legal expert but for any legislation  with a spatial component
    one would think that the spatial ( cadastral ) specification MUST be
    quantifiable ( measureable ) -- otherwise how would you manage / govern
    it ?

    There appears to be a HUGE lacuna here -- all the actually measureable
    and verifiable aspects to the "seperate-devekopment"  programs / projects
    appears to be missing or not very well recorded ? Not only so-called
    black communal land was in question but also many white owned farms that
    were expropriated.

    There must be a massive box of files gathering dust somewhere ( perhaps
    they have all already gone "missing"  ? )

    I am shocked that no provision has been made for these incredibly
    hiostorically valueable documents to be scanned / digitised. ( There is
    no digital copy of the Tomlinson report -- or probably the Fagan and
    Sauer reports -- and many others. ) Some American University of
    institution is probabaly busy with it as I write -- they seem to care
    more about our heritage that we do !

    CM