[AtlanticCanada] Introduction

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jun 29 13:08:06 EDT 2010

Since Jeff asked, I'll break the ice and introduce myself...

I'm Daniel Morissette, I was one of the co-founders of your neighbor the
OSGeo-Quebec Local chapter 2 years ago and am still on its steering
committee today. I was very happy to hear of the creation of the
Atlantic Canada chapter and am mostly interested in following your
activities (like I do with our other neighbor the Ottawa chapter), and
eventually finding opportunities for collaboration between our
respective chapters and the other Canadian and North-American
chapters... perhaps for a yearly national gathering?

FYI, the Quebec Local Chapter held the first edition of "Rendez-vous
OSGeo-Quebec" two weeks ago and Jeff was one of our invited speakers.
More info at http://rendez-vous-osgeo-qc.org/2010/english/

Back to my back seat...

Daniel
--