[AtlanticCanada] Fredericton's First OSM "Mappy" Hour

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 31 08:41:31 EST 2011

Hi Bernie,

Just as a background, I just want to explain a little how the Ottawa
local chapter works: they are a small group (yes as small as us) that
meets once a month in a pub to chat about Open Source Geospatial.
That's it.  Sometimes a presentation occurs, most times it's just a way
to get together and have a beer and talk about our industry.  I loved
it.  No pressure to plan a big event.

I think the Atlantic Chapter is trying to make larger plans for the
meetings, ok, but I'd rather just announce that we are going to meet,
and then see how involved the gathering needs to be.

For example, our local chapter could just meet after the OSM meeting.
We could even announce that it will be a joint meeting.

What are everyone's thoughts?

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna