[Aust-NZ] Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter

Bruce Bannerman bruce at bannerman.id.au
Wed Apr 2 05:46:27 EDT 2008

Rob,

I suspect that we are all time poor on a regular basis.

The bottom line is that OSGeo-AustNZ like OSGeo operates on the Apache's
principal of 'meritocracy' which is loosely translated as something like
'the more you do, the more your able to do'.

Therefore the onus comes back to each person to contribute what they are
able to.

I anticipate that we'll have a bit to do over the next twelve months
(outside of FOSS4G-2009) to sort out how we want to operate and what the
AustNZ chapter is about and hopes to achieve. I expect that we'll be
able to adopt a lot of what has been sorted out for OSGeo, however there
are going to be localisation issues.

I expect that we'll all need to contribute to this work whether we are
an office holder or a member.

One of the things that will need to be sorted out is the tenure of
'directors' and how we replace them over time.

HTH

Bruce