[Aust-NZ] Live CDs for the FOSS4G conference and DebianGIS

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Thu Apr 17 20:27:19 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  also I had thought it would be nice to merge the road_cl layer into the
>  OpenStreetMap project, much like was done for the TIGER data in the US
>  and data from various European gov'ts.

nzopengis[1] has been talking to LINZ about putting the topo and
cadastral roads into OSM as a 'seeding' dataset... more details at
[2], but they're lawyers have approved it. Next steps are to figure
out an import process that would allow for future updates,
attribution, etc.

>  Do you have a link to the license agreement? In the past LINZ has been
>  very accommodating, but it's the sort of thing you want to have their
>  explicit support for.

Links for the raw cadastral[3] and topo[4] license agreements which
are the terms distributors get the data under. If you want to deal
with LINZ directly I'd suggest getting in touch with Adam or Brendan
at the NZ Geospatial Office. Koordinates can get you the data as
Shapefiles with LINZs approval or supply them using our own licenses
for the confererence.

HTH,

Rob :)

[1] http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nzopengis
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/LINZ
[3] http://www.linz.govt.nz/docs/surveysystem/landonline-bulkdata/bulk-data-supply-agreement.pdf
[4] http://www.linz.govt.nz/docs/topography/topographicdata/topodtabase/licence-agreement-1.pdf

--
Koordinates Ltd. (formerly One Track Mind)
PO Box 1604, Shortland St, Auckland 1140, New Zealand