[Aust-NZ] Live CDs for the FOSS4G conference and DebianGIS

Irfon Jones Irfon.Jones at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 17 17:30:34 EDT 2008

Hi everyone, LiveCDs are also good for outreach in general. For example,
I've just handed out a copy of the Lausanne FOSS4G LiveCD to everyone in
our undergraduate GIS class. Many were unaware of open source GIS tools,
now they have a copy of some of the software which they can play with
without the hassle of downloading and installing themselves.

Just another viewpoint for you to consider.

Thanks

Irfon