[Geodata] Re: [Aust-NZ] NZ geodata on OSGEO?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Apr 27 06:22:18 EDT 2008

--- Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemeD.net> wrote:

> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
> > I'm CCing Jo Walsh and the osgeo geodata community as I expect they
> > will have suggestions on the best way to move forward technically.
>
> Host it on the already-existing OpenAerialMap and OpenTopoMap?

Um... The majority of the data I'm looking at is vector, which these don't
really support, AFAIK.

I'm not aware of any such initiatives for vector data that is appropriate
(although OpenStreetmaps makes sense for road centrelines, but that is in hand
elsewhere).

I thought perhaps something under http://www.osgeo.org/geodata might be
suitable, but didn't really want to go outside this list until we agree that we
have the data and interest to make this realistic.

However, as this has now been posted on the list for that initiative, here's
hoping we can progress this.

Cheers,

   Brent Wood