[Geodata] Re: [Aust-NZ] NZ geodata on OSGEO?

shoaib saburq at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 10:15:07 EDT 2008

Brent, thanks for taking the initiative on this

If we come up a minimum set of layers with an open licence for NZ then
we can feed that info back to OSM as well. I think they would be
interested in extending their data model to support additional layers.

For example there is talk of moving to a topological model so that
routing using OSM data becomes possible
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Routing).
There is also an example of contours being added to OSM.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gravitystorm/2273971905/in/photostream/

What would be best way to start? Perhaps a page on the Aus-NZ chapter
wiki listing layers and links to data?

regards
Shoaib