[Aust-NZ] Performance Measures

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue May 27 23:28:06 EDT 2008

One of the most effective ways of monitoring the progress of Software
Projects (and software developer teams) is using "Earned Value
Management" graphs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earned_value_management

A qualified engineer estimates how long a project will take, then over
time tracks percentage complete (earned value), effort (from time
sheets), and tracks against planned value.

Like all measurement techniques it has flaws, but the flaws are less
than many other techniques.