[Aust-NZ] Help write Spatial@Gov keynote speach

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 05:59:43 EDT 2009

OSGeo Aust/NZ chapter,

Pia Waugh, who is helping write Senator Kate Lundy's keynote speech at
the Spatial at Gov conference Monday/Tuesday next week has asked if we can
provide information about spatial metadata that should be incorporated
into Kate's speech.

What we need to do is provide Pia with ideas before Saturday evening if
we want to get the messages aired.
Off the top of my head, I think we should cover:

History of Australian Geospatial Metadata & initiatives
* ...
* ANZLIC backing of Geonetwork
* ANZLIC announcing the release of ANZ Met Lite at Spatial at Gov
* Melbourne Uni project in this space

What is the world perspective on Metadata
* OGC standards
* INSPIRE initiatives?

The value of metadata
*

The difficulty in collecting quality metadata
*

What can government do
* Require researchers to collect metadata with their research in an
appropriate format

Please reply with any ideas you have on any of these topics. I plan to
collate comments on Saturday evening.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect