[Aust-NZ] Haiti Earthquake GIS Data Portal

Ross Charles Johnson rossgo at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:58:47 EST 2010

Haiti Earthquake GIS Data Portal
The Center for Geographic Analysis at Harvard University is processing and publishing Haiti maps and GIS datasets for free access on the Earthquake Geospatial Research Portal.  The portal was originally launched in response to the Wenchuan Earthquake in 2008, with funding from the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, and provided an existing website and platform for CGA to quickly respond to the emergency in Haiti.  In coordination with Talbot Brooks (Delta State University, Mississippi), we are sharing data with emergency teams and organizations such as FEMA and the US Coast Guard.  Ideally, we hope that pre-packaged, georeferenced images and GIS data will assist the many relief agencies and concerned individuals during the hours, days, and weeks of rapid response.

CGA staff are involved in georeferencing maps, converting file formats, processing and packaging data into easily downloadable archives, and publishing them on the Haiti Earthquake Data website.  We encourage anyone with access to relevant data for Haiti that can be published to contact us soonest.  The web address:

http://cegrp.cga.harvard.edu/content/haiti-earthquake-data