[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-ANZ?

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 14:05:26 PST 2017

Hey folks

As John said, I'm to get involved and help get something going for next
year, potentially.

I think that the QGIS forum showed that there is interest around, and doing
a FOSS4G-ANZ would be a logical progression into an inclusive event for a
wider group of geo-folks.

I think that we need to be aware of the big event in spatial, Locate, which
is on around April each year, and as such, an event would be best held in
the last half of the year. And what is unclear to me is what formal bodies
we could organise an event under, i.e., who can front up cash for a venue
and take the risk of an event that loses money (this should be unlikely, but
it's a risk). There is, of course, a lot of discussion around scale, and
format, but we can work all of that out in time.

Anyhow, I'm very keen to help out. I've run some smaller conferences through
the SSSI in Tassie that have had 100+ attendees, and have recently moved out
of my SSSI volunteering roles and as such I'm ready for the next thing!

Kind regards,

Alex

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSGeo-Australia-New-Zealand-Local-Chapter-f3721347.html