[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-ANZ?

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 01:40:29 PST 2017

Hey Cameron and others

I agree regarding a legal body, I think working with an existing
organisation is what needs to happen. I can work with SSSI, and have strong
relationships there and I'm pretty sure we could get something happening,
if we wanted to. I defer to you about whether OSGeo could be the group that
provided the support?

And regarding scale, I did think that aiming at 100-200 would be achievable
without too much organisational pain. If we can get support from somewhere
to have a proper venue, we can handle that kind of number, and the venue
should sort out catering and such.

We could try a university, and I have some connections in with Swinburne
and Melbourne Uni that I could query, probably, but I think that would need
more work organising the details... running at a conference venue costs
more, but it takes less effort!

Anyhow, some thoughts from me.

Regards,

Alex