[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-ANZ?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 23:36:55 PST 2017

Extending to be a greater Free and Open Source for Geospatial (FOSS4G)
and Open Street Map event I think is viable.

Re creating a legal body: I'd err on trying avoid setting up a legal
body - it creates a bunch of paperwork that your volunteers have to
manage and takes them away from doing useful stuff. Ideally work in
partnership with another legal body, like SSSI, or maybe one of the
sponsor partners, or OSGeo.

I'd err on aiming small which will mean you can keep the venue costs
down. (Ideally team up with a University or similar who provides cheap
rooms.)

Cheers, Cameron

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier, Learnosity