[Belgium] meeting this evening!

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 23 06:54:30 PST 2015

On 23/11/15 12:08, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A reminder: we have a skype meeting this evening at 17h.
> Please let me know if you have any points you want to share and let me
> know if you can not attend.

I won't be able to make it. In any case, I see this as meetings of the
board and as I'm not part of the board... Maybe the status of these
meetings should be made more explicit.

However, I think it is time to soon suspend the use of the team at foss4g
address and have osgeo.be communication go through belgium at osgeo, or ?
The @foss4g addresses can then be reactivated for the next foss4g.be.

My major point for osgeo.be at this stage would be to focus on
increasing membership (have people registered after the foss4g.be ?),
notably charter members. In order to get more of those we should
encourage people to register as "membres adherents" now and participate
in one or several osgeo activities, so that when the next general
assembly comes we can make them charter members then.

Concerning sponsor members, one question I had in my mind is whether we
will really try to find sponsors for osgeo.be or whether we should
rather try to focus the sponsorship recruitment on foss4g.be and use the
profits of that event for other activities. Sponsor membership of
osgeo.be for one year (at least for sponsors from a certain amount up)
could be part of the sponsor package. AFAIU, this is more or less how
osgeo global functions nowadays.

We made +/- 3700€ profits with the foss4g.be which is not bad and should
allow decent activities for the year. And finding sponsors for a
specific event is always easier than for ongoing activities of an
organisation.

Moritz