[Belgium] Mapping facilities for homeless people : First meeting 2/12/15 at ULB (DC6.126)

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Thu Nov 26 05:59:22 PST 2015

Dear all,

For reminder, the OSGeo.be (www.osgeo.be), in collaboration with Dewey (
maps.dewey.be), would like to help in mapping of Brussels facilities and
services for homeless people.

The contribution would be done in two stages: a first meeting with people
who know the field and existing tools, such as Strada, Médecins du Monde,
Red Cross ... to see what is needed and how it is possible to collaborate
to create maps useful for them ?

A second stage where we realize the actual and adequate mapping (update
what already exists, adding elements, ...).

The first preparatory meeting will take place Wednesday 2/12 from 6 p.m. to
8:30 p.m. at the ULB, local DC6.126 (6th floor of Building D, Solbosch
campus).

Christophe and I also have circulated information to the Red Cross,
Médecins du Monde, the Strada, street Nurses, Pierre d'Angle, a nurse at
the hospital St-Pierre. Do not hesitate to circulate the information to
other organizations and individuals who would be interested.

The appointment is on Solbosch campus in front of building D at 6 p.m:
https://www.ulb.ac.be/campus/solbosch/plan-D.html

After the meeting, if the feedback is positive, I think it could be nice to
circulate a discussion paper about the implementation of this project in
the general mailinglist ! We will also have to choose the right tools etc...

Thank you in advance to confirm your attendance at the meeting before the
1/12,

If you are not able to attend the meeting, notice that Gaël and I are ready
to report your suggestions at OSGeo.be.

Kind Regards,

Maë //e

N.B for the board :

For this meeting, I think about 10 people and I wonder if you agree that I
buy some stuff with osgeo budget for the meting : drinks (juice, beers) and
food (fruit, chips) ?

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles - IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143