[Belgium] Fwd: Save the date - National Mapathon!

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:10:54 PST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: OpenStreetMap Belgium <community at osm.be>
Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Subject: Save the date - National Mapathon!
To: johan.vandewauw at gmail.com

Save the date for the next National Mapathon!
View this email in your browser
<http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=b59cf3130c&e=d51f100cc3>
Save the date: March 25th, 10-16:00

Last year, the Interuniversity National Mapathon was a great success: about
200 people in seven universities participated, and we got in the 7 pm news
issue of both VRT and VTM.

We're proud to announce the next National Mapathon is being planned right
now, and the universities want our help again! We will need mappers and
volunteers at ULB (Brussels), VUB (Brussels), UCL (Louvain-la-Neuve), KUL
(Leuven), Ugent, ULG (Liege), UNamur. Four more cities might still join in
the following days.

An invitation to register for the event will follow shortly, but *mark your
agenda now* :)

*Call for volunteers*
If you feel like stepping up your engagement, why not help out during the
events? Previous experience with humanitarian mapping, iD and the Tasking
Manager is of course welcome, but we will give you some training too. Last
year, it wasn't easy finding volunteers for all places, but it is important
that there is an experienced mapper at all of these places.

Basically we need you for any or all of these tasks:
- give an introduction about (humanitarian) OSM, a short training
- just being around and helping people with questions
- validating (even from home) during the event, so we can correct newbie
mappers before they make the same mistake a thousand times
- help with organisation, finding sponsors,

Just send a reply to this mail with your preferred tasks and city (or
cities) and we'll be in touch.
Presenting the new OSM.be

Though we've been a little quiet, we were quite active over the last
months. We had our first OSMbe Hackday
<http://osm.us13.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=0cf38735f9&e=d51f100cc3>,
where we worked together on the project to import the Flemish GRB buildings
into OSM. But that's not all, during that day, we also worked on a new
website, which is online at osm.be
<http://osm.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=14877b4e71&e=d51f100cc3>
.

You are very welcome to contribute to the website through Github
<http://osm.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=8403fee85f&e=d51f100cc3>
.

To make it easier for everyone to jump right into the world of OSM in
Belgium, we've started OSM Projects
<http://osm.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=0fe29006d4&e=d51f100cc3>.
Two are online now, with several more to come. You are welcome to propose
your own projects too!
Let's meet up

We have many channels of communication, and sometimes we forget to use all
of them. If you never want to miss an activity, do *sign up to our Meetup
group*
<http://osm.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=9b38efec92&e=d51f100cc3>.
In mid February, we're having bar meetups in both Antwerp
<http://osm.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=2e8ba66671&e=d51f100cc3>and
Brussels
<http://osm.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=1a77c48b99&e=d51f100cc3>,
and we would love to see you there.

But whether you live in De Panne or Arlon, you can go to the Meetup page
and "Suggest a Meetup" and just host a meetup yourself! The only thing
expected of you is to show up in the bar at the agreed time and look like a
mapper.
<http://osm.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=08449063c1&e=d51f100cc3>
<http://osm.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=cdfcb5a4b3&e=d51f100cc3>
<http://osm.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=b579711042&e=d51f100cc3>
*Copyright © 2017 OSM Belgium, All rights reserved.*
You subscribed to this mailing through osm.be or we subscribed you after
you participated in a mapathon.

*Our mailing address is:*
OSM Belgium
Grote Markt - Grand Place
Brussel 1000
Belgium

Add us to your address book
<http://osm.us13.list-manage.com/vcard?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=5c2416bba6>

You can update your preferences
<http://osm.us13.list-manage.com/profile?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=5c2416bba6&e=d51f100cc3>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://osm.us13.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&id=5c2416bba6&e=d51f100cc3&c=b59cf3130c>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=cc6632a49e784f67574e50269&afl=1>