[Benchmarking] Running the tests on the command line and summarizing results

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 23 12:29:50 EDT 2009

Andrea Aime wrote:
> Once you have those you can run a test using:
> jmeter -p jmeter.properties -n -t script.jmx -l script_results.jtl
>
> The jtl file is actually just a csv file with details of all requests,
> you can run the summarizer on it to get a table summary with average
> time, throughput and so on, for example:

Andrea,

I'm getting an error and my .jtl file seems to be xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<testResults version="1.2">
<httpSample t="274" lt="274" ts="1253126575692" s="true" lb="1" rc="200"
rm="OK" tn="1 1-1"
dt="bin" by="5410">
   <assertionResult>
     <name>ContentTypeCheck</name>
     <failure>false</failure>
     <error>false</error>
   </assertionResult>
</httpSample>

Is there a jmeter switch to force csv output?  I'm using:

   jmeter -n -t bigtiff_fcgi.xml -l bigtiff_fcgi.jtl

for instance.

I'm keen to hear what performance you are getting. I'm only getting about
10 maps per second with bigtiff-fastcgi and I wonder if I need to dig into
what the time is spent on!

Best regards,