[OSGeo-Board] Infrastructure proposal/assessment - item for tomorrow?

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Fri Aug 4 11:41:48 PDT 2006

Tyler,

My summary:
On Aug 4, 2006, at 2:13 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> During the board meeting today, was there any consensus on the
> following points?
>
>> 1) Timing urgency for moving/setting up each infrastructure
>> component to
>> a new platform

Basically made the decision to migrate to a new infrastructure.  The
current contract runs out 1 Jan, start the transition plan now based
on a 1 Jan completion.

>> 2) Tasking specific individuals/groups with responsibility for
>> making it
>> happen

Jo (and Tyler?)

>> 3) Budget availability for setting up/administering new
>> infrastructure

First cut was that we didn't have available funds until 1 Jan,
further discussion led to - lay out the plan, see what is needed.
There might be some rationalization that MapGuide support justifies
some transitional funding after we look at it.

Jo, was taking the lead on the plan, we were going to go over it at
the f2f in Lausanne.

Mark