[OSGeo-Board] Nomination Testimonials?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 22 17:49:21 PST 2006

Chris Holmes wrote:
> Was about to send this to discuss, but perhaps better to vet by the
> board first?  I still don't have a hang of how much we open up and all...
>
> Looking over the nominations, I'm wondering if there might be some way
> for me to 'second' some of them.  I only nominated a handful, who I knew
> others hadn't nominated, since I didn't realize that the format of it
> would make those who had more 'nominations' come off as stronger
> candidates.  And indeed those whose 'nominators' spent more time on the
> write-up.  I guess it's probably a bit late for this, but people like
> Mike Adair or Ari Jolma have just a line that they probably meet the
> guidelines, without giving any concrete examples or reasons.  Perhaps we
> could at least let people's original nominators write more?

Chris,

My take is that some modest campaigning on the discuss list might be in
order.  For instance listing qualifications for a few candidates that you
think are important, but were not included.

I have no problem with people updating the nomination text but that
doesn't mean that people who have reviewed the list already will be going
back to see the updates.