[Board] Activity Update...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 27 11:42:08 PDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Wow - how'd I miss that?  I'd swear I've never seen that page before,
> but it's been around since last August!  I can only feign ignorance
> because I was still working at my other job ;)
>
> It is exactly what we still needed for our 501c3 application:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Income_Projection

Tyler,

I'm relieved that you didn't look it over and then just discard
it as worthless!

> It could still be a Fundraising committee, but perhaps all board members
> could join.  Fundraising could also be added as recurring item on Board
> meeting agendas.  We could start a list of potential donors, available
> grants (is that started somewhere already?).
>
> I'm just thinking out loud - that's why I'm curious what others have
> seen/done in other organisations.  With the FOSS4G local planning
> committee, we were all involved in finding sponsors together and it
> seemed to work well.

I think discussing fundraising regularly at board meetings is good.

I am not involved in too many other comparable organizations.  But my
wife is on the local library board.  They have a fundraising committee
but most of the board is on it as well as some other friends of the
library.