[Board] Fwd: FOSS4G Proceedings Problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 18 09:23:34 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Peter Batty <peter at ebatty.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd ask if anyone has any comments, in favor of or against
> engaging Tyler to do this, or alternative ideas, then I'll make a motion (if
> I need to).

Peter,

It is my opinion that it is within the scope of the FOSS4G 2011
LOC to make such a decision as long as it fits broadly within the
budget.  Assuming that is the case, I would suggest passing it by
your LOC and go from there.

I agree it would be unfortunate for the academic publishing aspect
to fall on the ground.  If the best way to take care of that is to
retain Tyler, then by all means feel free to do so.