[Board] Next meeting Thursday April 19

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:25:27 PDT 2012

Arnulf,
On the topic of the marketing committee, I'm prepared to act as
Marketing Committee chair until someone with more drive can be found.
I'll be able to commit to the level of coordinating the committee to
approve (or reject) requests for funds, and coordinate the priority for
fund allocation, based upon the committee's current guidelines of
allocating funds for startup packs.
There is a lot that the marketing committee could be doing, like
updating web pages, which I won't have time to be involved in.

I suggest the board make a decision on how funds are paid. I'd expect
the process should be marketing committee put forward a motion. Chair
confirms the decision, and asks OSGeo treasurer to pay. Treasurer
ensures the marketing committee has continual visibility of available
funds, possibly via a shared web page or similar.

I'm happy to discuss further, but the board meeting is 3am for me, and
stretches my enthusiasm to osgeo.